DANA JAMES. New York, NY. 1986.
For information on available pieces or to arrange for a studio visit, please contact email@example.com.
- Sometimes Seen Dreams. The Lodge Gallery. Lower East Side, NY. (2017)
- Surface Tension, Urban Gallery, Philadelphia, PA. (2016)
- Patterns in Nature, JAG Modern. Philadelphia, PA (2015)
- As by Sinking, Attic Studios Gallery. Long Island City, NY (2014)
- Every Night at Midnight, at Envoy Enterprizes. Lower East Side, NY (2013)
- Lungs, at Union Gallery. Tribeca, NY (2010)
- Unititled Art Fair, Fiercely Curious, Miami, FL (2017)
- Art Hamptons Fair, Urban Gallery, Bridgehampton, NY. (2016)
- AQUA Art Fair, Miami Basel, Fiercely Curious. Miami, FL. (2015)
- Cutlog Art Fair, Jag Modern. New York, NY. (2014)
SELECT GROUP SHOWS
- Breaking the Frame, Hollis Taggart Contemporary, Chelsea, NY
- Cue Art Benefit, curated by Lilly Wei & Sharmistha Ray, Rogue Space, Chelsea, NY
- Kicking Abstract & Taking Names, Moberg Gallery, Des Moines, Iowa, curated by Conn Ryder
- 2020 Vision, KBFA, Larchmont, NY
- Thrive, KBFA, Kent, CT
- The Thread, Two person show with Lizbeth Mitty, M. David & Co. Brooklyn, NY
- Fugue, Another Gallery, New York, NY
- Bring Your Own Sunshine, KBFA. Larchmont, NY
- Planned Parenthood Benefit, M. David & Co. Brooklyn, NY
- Horizons, Chase Edwards Contemporary, Bridgehampton, NY.
- Silence is Accurate, Cape Town, South Africa
- Among Friends, Dumbo Waterfront Studios. Brooklyn, NY
- Castle Hill Benefit. David & Schweitzer Contemporary, Brooklyn, NY
- Duality; Glimpses of the Other Side, ISLIP Museum of Art, Long Island, NY.
- Driven to Abstraction, Susan Eley Fine Art, New York, NY.
- Incipiences, The Buggy factory, Curated by Paul D’Agostino. Brooklyn, NY.
- Straight Outta Bushwick, Eva Chimento Gallery, Santa Monica, CA.
- Making the Future, David & Schweitzer Contemporary, Brooklyn, NY.
- Reality is Wrong, Dreams are for Real, David & Schweitzer Annex, curated by Brian Morris, Brooklyn NY.
- The Project Room, David & Schweitzer Contemporary. Brooklyn, NY.
- Focus, Blam Projects, Curated by Fiercely Curious. Brooklyn, NY.
- Forever Thens, Curated by Cory Dixon at Brock University, Ontario, Canada.
- Treading Urban Water, Fiercely Curious at the Crosby House, New York, NY.
- Jardin, No. 4 Studio. Brooklyn NY.
- Technology as Hands, Fiercely Curious, Sky Gallery. Brooklyn, NY.
- Jumping the Shark, Royal Society of American Art. Brooklyn, NY.
- We are What the Seas Have Made us. Proto Gallery, Hoboken, NJ.
- Thrice Legendary or Forever Thens, Curated by Paul D’Agostino Centotto Gallery, Brooklyn NY.
- Forever Now: You Deserve Better. Back Drop Gallery. Brooklyn, NY.
- Painting in Trees, curated by Ben LaRocco, Ben Pritchard. Bushwick Gardens. Brooklyn, NY.
- Mixtape, 56 Bogart Street. Brooklyn NY.
- Back to the Future, Life on Mars Gallery, Brooklyn NY.
- HerART Benefit LSG Fund, New York, NY
- The Painting Center Turns 21, Brooklyn, NY.
- Making History, Store Front Benefit, Brooklyn, NY.
- Summer, Seager Gray gallery, San Fransisco, CA.
- Axiom Gallery, Santa Monica, California.
- Honorable Beasts, Elgin Gallery. Brooklyn, NY.
- Sluice + Exchange Rates, Brooklyn, FireProof. Brooklyn, NY.
- Lilly Sarah Grace Fund, Female Arts Exhibition. New York, NY.
- Social Photography, Carriage Trade Gallery. New York, NY.
- Life on Mars Summer Invitational, Life on Mars. Brooklyn, NY.
- New York Magazine; Bedford & Bowery, The Thread, Must See Exhibitions
- Two Coats of Paint, Past, Present and Future
- Art & Object, The Thread Presents an Intergenerational Dialogue
- The Coastal Post, Cool and Curious Wind; Dana James: A Profile
- Art Speil, Dana James & Lizbeth Mitty: THE THREAD
- Bushwick Daily, Bushwick Gallery Explores Mother Daughter Artist Duo for Women’s History Month
- Quiet Lunch, ANOTHER presents Fugue, Inaugural Exhibition Ft. Dana James
- A Hundred Eleven Magazine. Dana James: From Dreams of Pools to Caves of Jewels by Danielle Burnham
- Art Critical, The Review Panel. Lilliy Wei, Jason Stopa, Siri Hustvedt, David Cohen to discuss Peter Doig, Dana James, Kate Shepherd
- “Dana James at the Lodge Gallery” Structure and Imagery by Paul Behnke
- Art Critical “Dana James, Sometimes Seen Dreams” The List
- Art Net “14 Feminist Shows to see”
- Hyperallergic, Getting Basic; A Workshop to Help Artists Sell Their Work, Soho 20 & The Feminism Project
- Vasari 21, “Dana James Opens Sometimes Seen Dreams” by Paul D’Agostino
- Wall Street International Magazine, “Driven to Abstraction”
- Art and Cake, “Straight Outta Bushwick”
- Highlights: Artist Dana James, BushwickBuzz
- The Other Side of Portraiture, Thomas Micchelli, Hyperallergic
- What the Seas Have Made us: Beauty and Decay at Proto, Arts in Bushwick, by Etty Yaniv
- View Inside: Dana James, Art INTER NEW YORK, by Paul D’Agostino
- Williamsburg is Over, Anthony Haden Guest, ArtNewspaper
- How many Feminists Does it take to Define Feminist Art? Vice Magazine Productions
- The RSOAA Launches It’s New Show: Jumping the Shark, Renegade Solutions
- Change of Art, Sol Park, Brooklyn Paper on Honorable Beasts
- Art Nerd, Lori Zimmer, Artsicle
- Art 101: A Primer in Wet Media, Artsicle
- Champagne and Heels Artist: Dana James
- Black Book: What’s Good in Bedstuy by Steven Lewis
- Selected From the Cutlog Art Fair/What to See: Dana James
- Gallery Travels
- Dana James Announced as New Director
- 15 Minutes with Sheba Legend, Documentary Series, Televised
- Getting Basic; How to Sell Your Art. Soho 20 and the Feminist Art Project, with Kat Greifen, & Jackie Battenfield. Covered by Hyperallergic and ArtSpace
- School of Visual Arts Scholarship Awardee Panel. New York, NY (2018)
- Transcender Crit Panel. Brooklyn Fire Proof, New York (2018)
- Art Critical, The Review Panel, Brooklyn Public Library. Brooklyn, NY (2017)
- School of Visual Art Alumni Panel, SVA, New York, NY. (2016)
- Feminism in Art, Idio Gallery. Brooklyn, NY (2016)
- Bushwick Art Crit: BACG 3rd Annual AIB Bushwick Open Studio Crit Night. Brooklyn, NY (2016)
- Enlightening the New York Studio School, Panel Speaker. Life on Mars Gallery, Brooklyn, NY (2015)
- Most recognized Artist Statement, School of Visual Arts. NY. (2008)
- English and Written Word: Recognized Academic. Emerson College, MA. (2005)
- Overall Creativity Award, Brooklyn Friends, Brooklyn, NY. (2004)
- Wesleyan Book Award in Arts and Writing, Brooklyn, NY. (2004)
- Creative Writing and Poetry, Brooklyn Friends, NY. Brooklyn, NY (2004)
School of Visual Arts. 2008 (2005-2008)
Emerson College (2004-2005)